A healthy lifestyle begins with a healthy body. Americans have become increasingly unhealthy, sedentary, and unhappy in the last decade, ranking relatively lower on the scale than other nations for overall health and happiness. The two often go hand in hand. Obesity is increasing, closely correlated with a sedentary lifestyle and is one of the leading causes of depression. The famous line “a healthy mind leads to a healthy body” also applies when we talk about general health. This is a list of the best health tips for leading a happy and healthy lifestyle.
· Not diet. Eat healthier all the time and it will be better in the long run. Losing weight gradually is generally better than losing it quickly and is more likely to stay away.
Eat a high fiber diet. This is an important top health tip. This includes whole grains, brown bread and cereals. Fiber regulates the digestive system and reduces the risk of bowel cancer. Average approx. 13-18 grams of fiber a day.
Stay away from dangerous artificial sweeteners and try to replace sugar with similar natural sweetener alternatives such as agave nectar or even better stevia artificial sweetener that is safe and sweet.
· Reduce the amount of saturated fat consumed daily. Only 35% of daily caloric intake should be fat calories and only 10% of them should be of saturated fat.
· Drink less alcohol. Men and women have different requirements – women must have less than 14 units a week and men must have less than 21 units of alcohol. That’s the equivalent of a glass of one or half pints of beer. As usual, moderation wins – a small amount of alcohol helps the heart, while a large amount is bad.
Try eating the recommended five fruit and vegetable servings a day. It helps to vary the daily diet with various colored fruits and vegetables and also provides a wide range of vitamins and minerals.
· Eat more fish. Omega three fatty acids in the oils are very protective against heart disease and elevated cholesterol levels. The recommended weekly serving of fish is two to three – because it contains 1.5 grams of fatty acids.
· Reduce the amount of salt consumed. No more than 5-6 grams of salt should be consumed daily and too much salt can cause heart complications later.
Drink about eight ounces of fluid a day. This is not limited to water and can be fruit juice. This helps the kidneys to flush and stay healthy and reduces urinary tract infections.
Only take vitamin and mineral supplements as a backup. It is much easier to consume the right foods and meet the minimum nutrient requirements.
· One of the most important top health tips is training! Exercise at least 30 minutes a day to reduce the risk of heart disease, certain cancers and most of all to fight obesity.
These top health tips covered overall health, but it’s important to remember that there are other ways to help our bodies stay healthy. For women, we need to look at reducing our risk of osteoporosis. For men, prostate health and heart health are very important. Here are the best bone health tips:
· Weight control. The legs are shock absorbers in the body. If the body weighs more than recommended, the bones are under unnecessary stress and can lead to osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and increased blood pressure. Avoid unwanted foods that contain fat and cholesterol and which have low nutritional value.
Movement is another important top health tip. This prevents the body from gaining weight and the joints becoming stiff from being used. Low impact for people at risk is best.
· Do weight-bearing exercises. As a person ages, their bones become less dense and more brittle. Strengthening joints and bones with low impact training is optimal; Not only does it keep bones and joints in motion, it also keeps the heart and other body systems in shape.
· Flexibility exercises are also a top health tip; range of motion improves joint health by lubricating joints and preventing them from stiffening.
Dietary aids rich in calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus naturally strengthen bones.
These top health tips help anyone achieve a healthy lifestyle and improve overall health. An active person is happier than a sedentary. This list provided the best health tips for achieving a lower overall body weight, a healthier heart and helping to prolong the effects of aging. Reading this list of the best health tips can help lead a better lifestyle.