Who says healthy food doesn’t have to be delicious? When most of us think about snacking, we immediately go for that bag of potato chips or cookies, but there are many other delicious alternatives. Not only are these snacks tasty, but they can also help us lose a few pounds.
1. Hummus & carrots. Hummus acts as a tasty dip for many vegetables, making it a perfectly healthy snack alternative. If you do not like carrots then you can use cucumber, peas, avocado or just about any vegetable as they all compliment the taste of hummus. Another added benefit is that this snack is very fiber rich, which means you won’t be hungry for a while.
2. Greek yogurt and honey. This is usually the first thing I go for when feeling hungry. Greek yogurt is not only delicious, but it contains a lot of protein. perfect for endurance, weight training and muscle recovery. Although you may think honey is bad because of its sugar content, it actually contains important minerals and vitamins that help the body dissolve cholesterol and fat. The two together? Delicious, healthy and will fill you up.
3. Fruit and emergency bars. Sometimes we ask for a snack to satisfy our sweet tooth. Instead of reaching the chocolate bar, try an all-natural snack bar instead. They are good sources of fiber, low in sodium, made from natural ingredients such as almonds and cranberries, and to tie it all out, they are packed with minerals and vitamins. A bar is only about 150-200 calories. Keep one in your pocket all day for an instant sweet, healthy and full-bodied snack.
4. Olives. Other times, we want a snack to satisfy a salty craving. Olives are a perfect option for this. They are rich in antioxidants, monounsaturated fats and minerals. A portion of five olives contains only approx. 25 calories.
5. Popcorn. Popcorn only takes a few minutes to prepare and goes down to process the come movie night. Not only does it fill up because of its high fiber content, but it is healthy because of its high protein and vitamin B content. Not to mention it’s delicious too. (Make sure you buy fat-free salt popcorn instead of the sweet type that is packed with sugar). So there you have it 5 healthy but delicious snacks that are perfect for any time of day. These snacks help ease weight loss.