Are you considering cooking pottery? Obviously, you are one of those who look after your health and want to cook in the healthiest way possible. Choosing healthy ingredients and following different tips for cooking healthy and nutritious foods does not do any good if you do not use the right cookware. Conventional metal and ceramic cookware is washed out and destroys nutrients in foods, leaving it contaminated and lacking in nutritional value. Cooking pottery is the oldest but still the healthiest method of cooking all kinds of foods. Here are 10 tips to help you get started cooking in an unglazed, all-natural clay jar:
1. Perfect for healthy eating: No matter what the manufacturers claim, no other cookware is a match with clay pot cooking. 100% natural clay is the only natural material that is free of pollutants and preserves the nutrients of the food during cooking. This makes it perfect for healthy cooking.
2. Have you been there since ancient times: This method of cooking has been around for the longest time. People started using metals only a century or two ago, but they didn’t know what this ‘switch’ could do to their health.
3. Non-toxic cooking pot: If your pot is unglazed and made from 100% pure clay (without additives), it is the safest and most non-toxic cooking pot.
4. Prepares faster with use: In a few uses of cooking in these pots, the cooking time is reduced and most recipes are cooked at about the same time or faster (with gas).
5. No need to soften each time: Pots made from primary clay fired high do NOT need to be soaked each time before use. This makes cooking in clay jugs much more convenient.
6. Can be used on different heat sources: You can use clay pots on gas, electric, outdoor grill, oven, induction on all cooking surfaces.
7. Must be properly dried before storage: While they can be used constantly, it is important to dry a clean clay jar properly if you store them for a while. All it takes is to wipe it with a cotton towel and store it in a ventilated area. They can grow some harmless mold, if not completely dry, but can be easily cleaned by scrubbing some vinegar and rinsing off with warm water.
8. Multifunctional: Pure clay jars and pans can be used for almost all types of cooking. If you find the right one, they are actually multifunctional, from using as a stove to a Dutch oven to cooking rice and cereals and so much more … A few of these pots can meet all your cooking needs!
9. Avoid frying: Pure clay pots are not recommended for deep frying. You can use a little oil if your recipe calls for it.
10. Lighter than cast iron: Some may think clay is heavy, but it’s not actually … A 6 qt cast iron weighs around 15 kg, with the same capacity, 6 qt Miriam’s Earthen Cookware is 5 kg. It is sturdy and strong in order! MEC in all these years after selling a few thousand pots, 2 have reported broken pots.