Contrary to what one thinks, snacking is actually very beneficial. It helps fuel your body, maintain blood sugar and energy levels, and control your appetite.
Healthy snacking will help your body get the nutrients it needs and help you avoid overeating at meals.
Indulge in these guilt-free snacks. Remember, we encourage an anti-inflammatory, low-glycemic paleo-style diet for weight loss and wellness. A body must get healthy before it can lose weight.
1. Fruit and yogurt parfait. Organic plain yogurt is best. Yogurt with added flavors is higher in sugar. Instead, taste your yogurt with fruit. Blueberries are an excellent choice as they have a lower glycemic content that will help balance blood sugar and insulin levels.
2. Romaine salad wrap with organic turkey and a slice of raw milk or skim mozzarella cheese.
Romaine lettuce contains the highest nutritional and fiber content of all lettuce. Turkey is 94% protein which helps you lose weight by increasing your metabolism and reducing hunger. Adding raw milk with grass-fed cheese not only adds flavor, but also adds calcium without harmful hormones or preservatives. A major source of grass-fed game meat, game and poultry is with the U.S. Wellness meat.
3. Veggie sticks with cottage cheese dip. Non-starchy vegetables contain almost eight times the amount of fiber found in whole grains. Fiber is essential to a healthy digestive system. Fat-free organic cottage cheese is an excellent low-calorie snack.
4. Shrimp Cocktail Shrimp is 90% protein. Try dipping it in a cocktail sauce for a low-calorie, high-protein snack.
5. A handful of nuts. Walnuts are the best choice as they are rich in protein and fiber, but they also contain a high dose of omega 3 fatty acids (good fat) compared to other nuts. Healthy fats help reduce your risk of illness. Omega-3s are anti-inflammatory, which means they help prevent inflammatory diseases such as stroke or heart disease. People who are overweight actually suffer from an inflammatory condition.
6. Celery sticks and almond butter. This is a great combination of protein, monounsaturated fat and energy. Almond butter is a healthier alternative to peanut butter as it contains no added ingredients or preservatives and better fats. (peanuts are legumes not a nut)
7. Deviled Eggs. Eggs are very protein rich, which makes them a nice snack. My Guacamole Deviled Egg is a great, high-fat, high-fat snack.
8. Herring wrapping. Buy a few tinned containers in a few different flavor sauces, such as tomato or tangy mustard, the herring fillets contain many omega 3 fish oils. Don’t but if they are in soybean oil. Try wrapping them in a couple of romaine lettuce leaves.
9. Banana emergency pop. Dip a banana into plain organic yogurt and roll in walnuts or coconut. Freeze. Yummy!
Bananas are a great source of fiber and potassium. They have a high sugar content, so eat in moderation. Coconuts have anti-microbial, antiviral and antibacterial properties and are one of the best sources in the world for MCFA (middle chain triglyceride fatty acids)
10. Lemon Tuna Avocado snack. Halve an avocado and scoop out the meat. Mix with lemon juice and tuna. Serve in shells. Good protein, good fat.
Avocado’s contain very monounsaturated fat and potassium. Tuna is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acid and is very nutrient dense. Protein builds muscle, which in turn burns more calories to help you lose weight.
And here’s your BONUS snack idea ….
*** Smoked salmon.
Do not get salmon that has been suffocated in brown sugar. Salmon is one of the best sources of protein and healthy fats on earth. Always try to buy wild-caught and non-farmed stock (fed grain).